Crescent School of Business, a part of the BSA Crescent Institute of Science & Technology, has been established to create leaders of tomorrow. The cohort will experience a uniquely crafted curriculum and pedagogy which are administered to them through faculty who have been carefully selected for their achievements in both academics and industry. CSB believes in education for life.
This 2 years PGDM programme offered from the academic year 2019 – 20 is designed to be a rigorous time which pushes students beyond their comfort zone to bridge both skill and competency gaps that are essential in today’s managers to face rapid digital innovation challenges.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
The Students of the programme would be able to
1. Recognize the functioning of businesses, identifying potential
business opportunities, evolvement of business enterprises and
exploring entrepreneurial opportunities.
2. Develop skills in analyzing the business data, application of relevant
analysis, and problem solving in other functional areas such as
marketing, business strategy and human resources.
3. Demonstrate a global outlook with the ability to identify aspects of
the global business and Cross Cultural Understanding.
4. Demonstrate awareness of ethical issues and can distinguish
ethical and unethical behaviors.
5. Develop effective oral and written communication especially in
business applications, with the use of appropriate technology
(business presentations, digital communication, social network
platforms and so on).
6. Collaborate and lead teams across organizational boundaries and
demonstrate leadership qualities, maximize the usage of diverse
skills of team members in the related context.
At the end of the programme the students would be able to
1. Apply knowledge of management theories and practices to solve
2. Foster Analytical and critical thinking abilities for data-based
3. Develop Value based Leadership ability.
4. Understand, analyze and communicate global, economic, legal, and
ethical aspects of business.
5. Lead themselves and others in the achievement of organizational
goals, contributing effectively to a team environment.
6. Design strategies for business development
7. Become an entrepreneur
• Any Degree graduated with minimum 50% marks
• Final year students can also apply
• Valid score in any of the following common entrance examinations: CAT, XAT, CMAT, ATMA, MAT, GMAT, TANCET & Crescent School of Business Admission Test (CSBAT)
Working Experience: Not compulsory but desirable
• Submit the Application Form either by visiting the campus or online
• Review on scores in Common Admission Test and previous academic performance
• Interview with the CSB Panel
Fees structure: Rs. 6.80 lakhs for 2 years + Hostel fees (Optional).
Classes started from August 2019 for the batch 2019 – 21
CSB offers Customised Management Programme (CMP) to facilitate the focused and overall development of every student. It provides sufficient choice in specialisations and elective courses.
Following is the indicative list of Specialisations:
Marketing, HR, Finance, Operations, Systems, International Business, Entrepreneurship & Family Business, Logistics & Supply Chain, Banking & Financial Services and Business Analytics.
CSB’s PGDM programme is designed to be a rigorous programme which pushes students beyond their comfort zone to bridge both skill and competency gaps that are essential in today’s managers to face rapid digital innovation challenges.
· Exclusive course materials containing core foundational concepts and business frameworks taught at the Harvard Business School
· Curriculum feedback and design from Industry practitioners, through our Advisory board.
· Skill-based Leadership training
· Technology Business Incubation centre
· Courses with focus on Artificial intelligence, machine learning & business analytics
All the courses will have final deliverables the nature of which will differ with each course. Each course is meant to push students to think, introspect and apply their learning at the workplace. At CSB, we don’t believe just in education for employment, we believe in education for life.
The core courses taught at CSB include the essentials of finance, strategy, marketing, operations, Human Resource Development and IT management. These courses are taught by outstanding faculty from Industry and premier B schools.
|Particulars||PGDM Programme (2019-20)|
|Duration of the Course||Two Years|
|Seminar / Viva / Internship / Project||3|
|Eligibility criteria and selection process||As per the AICTE norm|
|On line courses||The students have the option to take 2 electives courses per term through online / swayam / MOOC portal with prior approval. Credit Transfer for these courses will happen after submitting grade certificate for these online courses|