Take off with the Double advantage of a Start-up and an MBA from the Crescent Startup Runway.
MBA-IEV (Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Venture Development) is a two year full time post graduation programme approved by AICTE and Ministry of Education – Innovation Cell. BSA Crescent Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai is one among the 21 select institutions in India that are approved to offer this unique programme to create future employers, not employees.
MBA- IEV curriculum blends key conceptual modules that are essential for future entrepreneurs with experiential learning modules and the programme will be delivered by Scholarly & Practitioner faculty, Industry stalwarts and Entrepreneurs at Crescent School of Business (CSB) & Crescent Innovation and Incubation Council (CIIC).
Students can nurture their business ideas in the co-working spaces of CIIC under the mentorship of domain and vertical experts. CIIC is a great forum that provides students an opportunity to interact with various entrepreneurs, industry experts, government officials, angel investors and venture capitalists to convert their ideas into a viable venture.
Salient Features of MBA IEV at CSB and CIIC
• Unique Programme approved by AICTE and Ministry of Education- Innovation Cell
• Opportunity to raise your own Start-up as part of the MBA IEV course
• Innovative, Experiential and Practice oriented programme
• Pre-incubation and Incubation support with Co-working spaces
• Industry stalwarts and Entrepreneurs as advisors and faculty
• 1 to 1 expert mentoring to each candidate
• Opportunity to establish technology ventures with patent rights
• Funding facilitated from Government, NGOs, Angel investors etc.,
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution with a minimum of 50% marks
• Final-year students can also apply (candidates will have to submit original certificate of having graduated and mark sheet of the final-year degree examination while joining the course)
• Valid score in CAT, XAT, CMAT, ATMA, MAT, GMAT, TANCET or Crescent School of Business Admission Test (CSBAT)
|Sl. No.||Name of the Programme||Tuition Fee per Semester|
|1||MBA Innovation Entrepreneurship and Venture Development||Rs 2,00,000/-|
|*Transport Charges per Year (Optional)|
|1||A.C. Bus||Rs 40,000/- to 50,000/-|
*Transport charges varies based on the distance
• CRESCENT INNOVATION AND INCUBATION COUNCIL is registered under Section 8 of the Indian Companies Act, 2013 on 27th March, 2019
• CIIC has a built-in space of 25,000 sq. ft. and can accommodate up to 100 startups
• CIIC has currently incubated 77 startups, out of which 38 are in Life Sciences, 31 from the Industry 4.0 and 8 from Mobility & Transportation
• CIIC has facilitated the startups in raising Rs. 5.06 Cr. from Govt. seed grants and Rs. 41.7 Cr. of private investment funds
• CIIC is funded by Bio NEST – BIRAC, Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India with Rs. 1.8 Cr.
• We are one of the chosen Incubators selected nationally for the SISFS (Startup India Seed Fund Scheme) which is funded by the StartupIndia, Department of Promotion of Industry and International Trade(DPIIT), Govt. of India
• Startup Pre SEED and SEED funding program from2 Lakhto 50 lakh
• CIIC’s support mantra is Triple M’s -MONEY, MENTOR, MARKET
• Relevant Stakeholder connections
• CIIC emphases the mantra of ‘patents to start-ups’ and supported 60+ patents.
• International networking access to MENA countries, EU, Asia pacific, US and Canada
• Live demonstration with Launchpad facilities for the startup products at the incubator premises.
• Access to the mentor pool with 50+ national and international mentors from industry and academia
• 450+ Jobs created
• SYPA Ecosystem Building Award 2019
• Most Innovative Startup Award awarded to “Extreme Fire”
• Most Scalable Startup Award awarded to “Impensus Electronics”
• PMI Chennai Chapter Sangama Top Innovator Winner Award awarded to “Green Flora Biosciences Pvt. Ltd.”
• 3rd Place in Sandvick India Gender Award awarded to “Ravikas”
• MMA Chinnikrishnan Innovation Award awarded to “Rekindle Automations Pvt. Ltd.”
• AFI Silicon Valley Challenge (SVC) Trek Award awarded to “Farmagain Agro Pvt.Ltd. ”
• AFI Silicon Valley Challenge (SVC) Trek Award awarded to “WeGot Utility Solutions Pvt. Ltd.”
• PMI Chennai Chapter Sangama Top Innovator Runner Award awarded to “KankyoCleantech (India) Pvt. Ltd.”
• IoTNEXT Award awarded to “Farmagain Agro Pvt. Ltd.”
• Reynlabs (a startup incubated in CIIC) received STEM Accreditation awarded to “Reynlab”
• Signed MoU with 4 European Business Incubatorawarded to “CIIC”
• 3rd Top Private Bioincubator in the country by a renowned magazine called “Biospectrum” awarded to “CIIC”
• CIIC is the first incubator in TamilNadu to support startups to obtain a total of 17 IVP grants given by EDII-TN
• CIIC is a proud Silver Sponsor of the Global Bio-India 2021 organised by Department of Biotechnology- BIRAC, Govt of India held on the 1st of March 2020
• CIIC is selected by Startup India, DPIIT, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, GoI for STARTUP INDIA SEED FUND SCHEME (SISFS) for an amount of Rs. 5 Crore.
The Programme Structure
The curriculum of MBA IEV programme comprises of Startup and Entrepreneurship oriented courses, Skill Certifications, Capstone Projects and Action Learning Segments. With an objective to connecting theory of innovation and entrepreneurship with practice and enabling students to acquire skills, this outcome oriented programme is designed to be delivered in phases that facilitate the transformation students to become entrepreneurs at the end of the course. The participants shall learn modules on management of innovation, entrepreneurship and venture development from foundation to advanced stages and simultaneously apply their entrepreneurial skills in real life situations, validate ideas, build innovations, test market and build a successful venture out of it.
This course has four semesters and two Action Learning Segments and three Capstone Projects to enable students to learn to recognize, create and shape a business opportunity, develop leadership and build a start-up team, construct business models, and assess market feasibility for launching new start-ups.
MBA IEV (INNOVATION, ENTREPRENEURSHIP & VENTURE DEVELOPMENT) – CURRICULUM STRUCTURE
|Semester||Courses||Course Credits||Capstone Project||Skill Certificatios: Choice will be offered||Action Learning|
|1. Entrepreneurial & Managerial Thinking||4||Idea Generation and Proof of concept||Communication|
|2. Entrepreneurial Eco System||3||Design Thinking|
|3. Innovation Management & Design Thinking||4||Social Enterprises|
|4. Economic Perspectives for entrepreneurs||3|
|5. Research orientation||2|
|6. Creating Business Values||2|
|Sem 1 Total Credits||18||3||3||0|
|7. Feasibility Analysis||4||Formulation of Business Plan & Development of Prototype||Financial Business modelling||14|
|8. Essentials of Business Plan||2||Simulation Game|
|9. Business Plan Validation||2||Essentials in Accounting|
|Sem 2 Total Credits||8||3||4|
|10. Entrepreneurial Leadership||2||Validation of Business Model||Business Analytics (AI, ML)||0|
|11. Venture Growth & Technology||2||Negotiation|
|12. People Management||2||Digital Marketing|
|13. Entrepreneurial Marketing & Sales Strategy||4|
|14. Business Structure||2|
|15. Entrepreneurial Finance & Venture Funding||4|
|16. Elective: Supply chain management / Customised Business Specific Course||2|
|Sem 3 Total Credits||18||6||4|
|Student register a start-up and start building the enterprise with support from incubator /accelerator. The candidate may avail a fellowship program/angel fund||0||0||Courses Relevant to the Chosen business, IPR||20|
|Sem 4 Total Credits||0||0||3||20|
|MBA IEV – TOTAL CREDITS (104)||44||12||14||34|