1. Who is eligible for the programme?
Achievement-oriented, professional minded persons with 50% scores in any undergraduate degree are eligible to apply for CSB. However preference will be given to professionals with working experience in supervisory cadre.
2. If the medium of instruction in my institution was other than English, am I still eligible for the programme?
Yes, you are eligible. However, you should be able to converse, read and write in English given that the medium of instruction of the CSB Programme is English.
3. How do I apply to CSB?
You can apply online by registering yourself on the website.
4. What is the application process?
The application process is as follows:
• Sign up to fill the Application Form
• Submit the Application Form (including short essays) online
• Submit letters of reference, transcripts, resume and copy of any valid entrance exam score / hall-ticket
• Interview with the CSB Panel
• Download the Application Form
• Fill up and mail the Application Form to the address provided in the Contact section
• Attach letters of reference, transcripts, resume and copy of any valid entrance exam score / hall-ticket
• Interview with the CSB Panel
5. How do I send in my academic transcripts/mark sheets, resume, other documents and photographs required as part of the application?
You have to upload all documents with the online application or attach copies of the documents with the printed application form.
6. When does the application process for admission to the programme start and end?
The admissions for the batch of 2018-19 have ended. Admissions to our fourth batch will commence from December 2018 for the academic year 2019-20.
7. When will I hear about the status of my application?
The status of your application will be communicated to you via e-mail as the process evolves.
8. Does the entire application need to be completed within one session?
No. You can complete the online application in multiple sessions and have the option to save parts of the application as you proceed.
9. Do I also need to submit a printed copy of the application form once I have submitted it online?
No. We will not require you to send a printed copy of the application form if you have applied online.
10. Can I re-apply?
No. You cannot reapply within the same academic year. However you can submit a fresh application in the subsequent academic years.
11. Will I receive an acknowledgment of my application by email?
Yes, you will receive an acknowledgment of your application by email on completion.
12. Where will the admission interviews be held for the shortlisted candidates?
Shortlisted candidates for CSB will be interviewed in Chennai.
13. How many students will you be admitting in 2019-20?
Our class size will be limited to less than 60 students. The objective of keeping a smaller class size is to ensure customization of instruction to the extent possible and one-on-one mentorship for every student admitted to CSB.
14. What kind of training/internship would I be exposed to?
CSB offers a unique industry-oriented experiential learning module. Apart from this module, the programme will conduct seminars and workshops on varying skills related to management practice over the course of 24 months.
15. Are there opportunities to be placed immediately by the committee as soon the course finishes?
CSB offers career guidance and placement support to its students.
16. Will I get a certificate after the completion of the programme?
CSB will provide you with a Post Graduate Diploma of completion at the end of the 24-month programme.
17. How long is the commitment to being a student at CSB?
The PGDM offered by CSB is a 24-month, full-time, residential postgraduate programme.
18. Can I work while the programme is going on?
No. You cannot be a full-time or part-time employee during the rigorous 24-month programme.
19. Where are the classes being held?
The campus for the CSB is located in the Seethakathi Estate, GST Road, Vandalur, Chennai. It’s located in NH 45 Chennai-Tiruchi National Highway and very well-connected, with resources and facilities easily available for students.
20. Where will the hostel be located?
The residential building for CSB students will be in the main campus. It is a well-equipped, secure living space that will be provided to students on a twin-sharing basis, with meals provided three times a day.
21. What is the fee structure of the Programme?
The total fee amount for CSB’s PGDM Programme 2019-20 Batch is Rs. 8 lakhs tuition fees + mandatory residential fee.
22. How will our mentors at CSB be decided? Do they pick us, or do we pick them?
Mentors will be selected from a wide variety of fields and will be assigned to you on the basis of your academic and professional background and career aspirations. There are people who have very specific interests and in those cases, it will be a match. For instance, if somebody wants to run a social enterprise, they are likely to be matched with somebody who runs a social enterprise.
23. I live in Chennai. Do I need to stay in the hostel?
Yes. CSB PGDM is a compulsory residential programme. The hostel environment fosters peer to peer learning and enables the group to easily work together for group assignments and activities, which the faculty will provide in plenty.
24. Is there a part-time programme?
Not at the moment. CSB will be rolling out its part-time offering in the near future.